We have adopted the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we Collect it?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of personal information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, facsimile numbers and credit card information.
This personal information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.internetremovals.com.au, from media and publications, when you register on our website, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, marketing
communication, surf our website, and when you fill out a form or enter information on our website.
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients, marketing and to help you with your experience. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/promotional material lists at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us or the primary purpose for which it was obtained, for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose, and as set out below in the Information Sharing section of this policy.
Collecting your Person Information
When we refer to personal information we mean information that individually identifies you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, company name, and other information specific to you.
We generally collect information when you are a customer or a potential customer of Internet Removals, or when you register to our newsletter, updates, promotions and so on. The sort of information we collect is in order to properly provide our services or assist with an enquiry.
Internet Removals may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, including any regulations, in relation to legal proceedings or investigations by government or law enforcement agencies, including criminal investigations, to comply with legal processes served on Internet Removals, protect and defend the rights of Internet Removals and act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Internet Removals’ services, our website, or the public. In those circumstances, we will do so immediately and without notice.
How Internet Removals Uses your Personal Information
Internet Removals uses your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To help us respond to any queries or problems you may have encountered;
- To help us create and provide content relevant to you;
- To provide you with regular updates about our services
- To provide you with information about our offers and marketing material;
- To improve your experience on our website and our services;
- To enhance our customer relationship management.
From time to time we may email you at the address you provided with news and/or offers about Internet Removals and/or our services promotional emails or offers we think may be of interest to you. At any time, you can opt out of this material by clicking the unsubscribe link on our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We do not sell your personal information.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
We value your privacy and disclose personal information only under certain circumstances. These are set out below:
- we may disclose personal information to our related entities and corporate partners;
- we may disclose information that does not directly identify you with third parties and help us develop content, services and advertisements;
- we may employ third parties (such as service providers) to perform site-related services, such as database management, maintenance services, marketing, data processing and email distribution. These third parties have access to only the required personal information to perform the required task(s) on our behalf;
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time the personal information is collected;
- where permitted or required by law;
- where we determine that for the purpose of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate; and
- where you consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Security of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Such measures may include the use of password protection and restricting access to personal information to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving the information. Internet Removals also takes steps to ensure that personal information collected is reliable, accurate, complete and current for its intended use.
Internet Removals’ employees who have access to personal information will be trained in accordance with this policy and will be advised that they must fully comply with the NPPs, Privacy Act and relevant regulations, as well as this policy and any failure to do so will result in the appropriate discipline, up to and including termination of their employment.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which may be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
While Internet Removals takes reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our website and records, no website or internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will occur. However, we will comply with any legal requirements as set out in the Privacy Act should such event take place.
Cookies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet) when you visit our website. A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your device by websites you visit. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary to operate our site. Others relate to the site’s performance and functionality and to your preferences. Internet Removals uses the following cookies on this site:
- Strictly necessary: These cookies enable the website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering sites you have visited on the internet.
- Performance & Functionality: These cookies do things like remember your preferred language, understand your preferences and associate users to any forms you submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms. Other cookies are placed only for the time or session you visit our site or whether you are a new or returning visitor to our site. These cookies may remain on your computer anywhere from the duration of your session for up to five years.
- Analytics: We use Google and other Analytics tools to help the website analyse how our site is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
Internet Removals will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
A: Level 3, 130 Bundall Road
Bundall QLD 4217
T: 1300 039 196
This policy was last updated on 30 August 2018.