TikTok, or Douyin in Chinese, is a popular music video and social networking site for Android and iOS devices. This is currently the most downloaded application in the world, accounting for 45.8 million applications in the first quarter of 2018 and is estimated to have exceeded 150 million active users every day. More recently, however, information security experts have raised questions about the lack of privacy in the system.
TikTok is a free social media app that lets you watch, create, and share videos. It is the latest social app that is used by youngsters and teenagers nowadays. It allows the user to share their thoughts, their story, their original content to the platform and share with people around the world. With more than 100 million users, TikTok is incredibly popular, owing in part to its slick mash-up of features from other kid favourites. TikTok created a trend of creating short videos among teenagers, as they may record videos of themselves such as lip-syncing to popular music and sound bites or such funny video or storytelling video.
There are many more creative videos there, and it is not only a social platform, but it also becomes a platform for business and companies to promote and sell their product and services. Many companies start to use TikTok as a platform to promote their product and services to their target audience. They may share some interesting videos about their offer there, or some may collaborate with the famous TikTok influencer to create some promotional video there.
Due to the increasing number of TikTok users, there are more people now uploading and sharing video and their life experiences on TikTok. This may pose some safety risks to you, as your details and private information may be at risk. As when you sign up for TikTok, your account is public by default, which means anyone can view your videos, send direct messages to you, and even use your location information. In such a way, it let the unauthorised party obtain your data and may lead to severe criminal cases. Thus, to prevent such issues from happening, you may take some precautionary action such as removing or deleting some videos you don’t want to show in TikTok anymore. Here is a simple guide for you on how to delete videos on TikTok.
Step on How to Delete a Tik Tok Video
1. Deactivate TikTok Account
The most effective way to block others to view your TikTok profile which is to deactivate your profile permanently. In this way, you are able to remove all the information and video about you from social media platforms such as Tik Tok and the Internet. Here is the step on deactivating the TikTok Account:
- Open your TikTok app, and tap the “Account” icon.
- After that, you can choose to tap on the “3 dots” icon at the right top side of the page.
- Select “Privacy and Settings”, and click “Manage My Account” and tap on the option of “Phone Number”.
- Key in your phone number and wait for the 4-digit code.
- Enter the code on your mobile device.
- Find the option of “Thinking about removing your account?” and wait for the verification code and you can delete your account.
- After you receive the code, key in the code and click the “Continue” button.
Please bear in mind that when you complete all the steps above, your account will be permanently deleted, all information including your video will be removed and your account is irreversible.
2. Delete TikTok Video
Other than delete your account, you can choose only to remove the videos you don’t want, here is the step you may follow:
- Step 1, on your smartphone, open your TikTok app then go to your gallery and click on the “Account” icon located at the right bottom hand side of your interface.
- Step 2, scroll down below then locate and tap the video you wish to erase from your TikTok Gallery.
- The last step, tap the “3 dots” icon and select “Delete”. If you want to delete other videos, you can repeat this process.
3. Remove fans on TikTok
This is another to protect your account and video not be viewed by strangers, which you are able to remove strangers who are following you. Here is some step you able to refer on how to remove fans you don’t want in TikTok:
- First, open your TikTok app on your smartphone and tap the “Message” icon.
- Now, click the “Fans” option, then locate and select the fan you wish to remove.
- After selecting the fans you want to remove, you will be redirected to its user profile. From here, tap on the “3 dots” icon located at the top right-hand side of your interface and select “Block”.
What Other Alternative on How to Delete Videos on TikTok?
You may make some amendments to the privacy setting for your video and account, which turn your account to be a private account and your video into a private video, thereby your video may not show to the public. However, such a way may be risky as someone may hack into your account and steal all your info and videos about you.
As the above is the guide on how you delete your videos on TikTok in your account. If you may fail to remove the videos on TikTok about you or you having problems removing videos of you that were uploaded by others, you may seek an online content removal company or agency. They may help you in deleting such offending or unwanted video from the Internet permanently. There are many professional content removal agencies able to help you to remove the content, video, photo from the Internet, not only TikTok, and other related websites or sources.